Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Year Of Wonders

Finished "Year of Wonders" by Geraldine Brooks this morning. Excellent read. I have "March" by her to read next. "Year of Wonders" was very sad through most of the book, which you would expect with a story of the plague. But it has a very surprising ending. I won't tell you what it is. Hopefully you will read the book and find out for yourself. I'm looking forward to "March" with I think is a civil war story told from the perspective of the father of the March girls in "Little Women" Hopefully will get to it this afternoon.
Ed has taken my car to work. He is recording the afternoon show at CQQL Ed Prichard is off having surgery and won't be back til mid December. So, my Ed will have this job til then. My Ed took my car because his car is having transmission trouble. That's what you get when you buy a $400 car. He as already put over a thousand dollars into this little car. I wonder how much more money we will sink into it.
Mature Mob is into it's final rehearsals. We were told to be at the hall at 6pm last night. We all showed up but waited around while the tech people set up all the microphones. We didn't even star running the show till 8:20. Hopefully things will go better tonight as all the wires are strung now.

1 comment:

DebedaJankovic said...

If dad's car is being that bothersome, you might as well fix mine and use it. It worked perfectly fine until I wrecked it...
>.<