Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hurray! I did it!!!

Ok, I managed to post the first post and got back here again so I could post again.
It was really beautiful here today. Almost too warm. Warm for October that as. My birthday was Friday. We didn't do anything. Ed did buy me a cake. Missy came home from school on Thursday with the flu. She is on the mend but still has a cough and not much of an appetite. Stayed home from church. I did get out of the house this afternoon for a few hours when Ed got home. Went to the library. I have been posting the books I read on Library Thing. I don't think I am as smart as I thought I was. Ed keeps telling me I am really smart and the girls think I should be on Jeapordy. But some things just go over my head. Maybe I'm just not very deep. Anyway, I went to the library and got several books about books. Books like "The 1000 Books Everyone Should Read" and books on what books you should read to have a classic education. I doubt if I will read these books, but I will look them over to see what they are all about. Right now I am reading Caleb Carr's "The Alienist" and I think it is going to have to go back on the shelf. I just can't get into it. I picked up two books by Geraldine Brooks that I am dying to get into having just finished her "People of the Book"
I like to listen to NPR when I am driving. Monday thru Friday until 3pm it is classical music. I'm getting a real education in classical music by just listening. I went thru all my CD's and old 33's and found a bunch of music I forgot I had. The trouble is finding the time to listen to it. That's why listening in the car is good.
More later
Kathleen

No comments: