Thursday, October 16, 2008

1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die

I picked up this huge book at the library "1010 Books You Must Read Before You Die". I went thru all 900 plus pages last night. I'm overly impressed with the selections in this book. First of all there isn't much listed written before 1700. Over half the book is 20th century authors. No James Mitchener, No Edward Rutherfurd. "Red Badge of Courage" isn't listed. A lot of the books are foreign, which is ok, but most of them seemed kind of depressing. I wrote down the names of about a dozen that I will look into. This book is just one person's idea of what people should read. Not even close to my idea. I'm going to make my own list and publish it here in the future.
Currently reading "Year of Wonders" by Geraldine Brooks
Missy made to school yesterday, but came home looking like a pale wrung out washcloth. I'm keeping her home again today. I think she just needs to rest.
Kathleen

No comments: