Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A rainy Wednesday

Missy is off to school again this morning. I sent her yesterday but they called me at noon to come get her. No temp. She was pale and I think just worn out. She came home and went to bed. Didn't wake up till 4:30. She woke feeling ok (she says) this morning. Still has the cough but really wanted to school. The 7th and 8th grades are going to see City of Ember today and she didn't want to miss that. Hopefully they won't call me again at noon to come get her.
Debbie, I happen to think you are very well read. You have read more of the classics than I have. And I think you understand them without someone having to explain them to you. And hey, you can read music pretty good. Much better than I ever well. Don't let Keith get all superior on you. I have been going thru "1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die". I don't think I have even heard of about 80 percent of those books. After all it just the guy who put this list together opinion. I'm thinking of getting out my old college English and American lit books and reading all the things we never covered in class. Hopefully that will make more knowledgeable. In the meantime I'm going to start "Year of Wonders" by Geraldine Brooks. It's about people fleeing London during the plague of 1666.

No comments: